I work in New York City. It's full of nutters. Go figure.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thursday June 2nd.

This morning I was nearly hit by a cab. Really, nearly hit by a cab. We're talking inches.

I was crossing Madison Ave at 32nd, and the light was in my favour - ie the little walking man sign was telling me I could cross the road safely. Ha!

I was about a quarter of the way across the road when I suddenly became aware that there was a cab coming round the corner of 32nd onto Madison. Fast. In a split second I realised the cab was going way too fast and I was going to be hit. I thought, fuck this is going to hurt, and I did this undignified attempt at skipping out of the way, which in retrospect, probably saved me from being hit. But I felt like Ashlee Simpson doing a hoe-down.

The driver noticed me at the last moment and slammed on his brakes, stopping less that a foot away from my easily breakable thigh bone. I yelled out, "WHAT THE FUCK?!" and a little man got out and started apologising profusely. I was so freaked out, I just walked away.

My legs are still wobbling now.

5 Comments:

Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

That hasn't happened to me *yet*. I have seen a guys sort of get hit by a car, he rolled on the hood as the car skidded to a stop. It was scary as hell! The ashlee simpson jig did give it some funny imagery.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Monday Evening said...

Sorry to hear you almost ending up like Joe Black. But hey, you made it! You should publicy thank Ashlee Simpson for the hoe-down skills you learned on that fateful day! In retrospect, Ashlee may have inadvertantly saved your life months ago!

6:14 PM

 
Blogger L'Emmerdeur said...

Americans invented baseball so they could have an excuse to carry a bat, which can be used to deal with such situations.

8:23 AM

 
Blogger 121774 said...

Nice blog you have here! If you get a chance you may want to visit this penis enlargement reviews site, it's a very nice site.

5:32 PM

 
Blogger shqipo said...

I have no idea how I landed on your blog, but I am enjoying your sarcasm tremendously.

And, of course, these advertisers who are offering you to enlarge your penis - in your case, you'll have to grow one first, right?

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home