I work in New York City. It's full of nutters. Go figure.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wednesday October 13th.

I don't know what the fuck was up with my NY Times today.

It was like it was made out of tarpaulin instead of paper. Every time I tried to turn the page it was a veritable wrestling match. The pages wouldn't turn and fold, they were lumpy and bumpy and individual pages kept falling out. It was like trying to read an octopus or something.

People on the subway were looking at me funny and the woman sitting next to me kept sighing loudly every time I invaded her airspace as I battled with my newspaper. I was aware that I was being extremely annoying and I got more and more embarrassed but that fucker WOULD NOT behave itself. Jesus. Any more of this and I'll have to start reading the Post.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that I can't stand people who read the paper on the bus or train. I mean, there isn't all that much space to start with, and then someone has to IMPOSE their reading material into other peoples' face!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger L'Emmerdeur said...

This works better when you wear a faux Burberry coat.

1:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please do a special post on 32nd street b/w 5th and 6th (not that you'd deign to take a request. It is my hell to endure twice daily. Perhaps it could have its own blog...

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Sally Meurade said...

Go feed thumbnails to children you literate fuck!

3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home