I work in New York City. It's full of nutters. Go figure.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Wednesday September 8th.

This morning when I opened my front door, I was confronted by water. Lots and lots and lots of water. I would have had to swim to reach the end of my block. I considered whether I loved my job enough to wade through rain water and backed up drains. I decided that although I love my job very very much indeed, I did not love it that much. So I went back inside and waited until the water had receded.

At the station, the trains were fucked up and a woman stood aggressively near me on the platform, as everyone was desperate to get a seat. I hated her for standing so close to me, but I wasn't going to give up my seat-guaranteed spot on the platform, which is what I think she secretly desired. I had the last laugh though, when I managed to translate a tannoy announcement that the train on the other platform - which had been out of service - was now going our way. I zipped across and bagged my seat. She reacted too slow and had to stand. I was delighted. I am a mean-minded person.

Later, I saw a woman whose jeans were way too tight. It was most unattractive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home