I work in New York City. It's full of nutters. Go figure.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Friday September 10th.

On the plane yesterday, the steward spilled red wine all over my jacket. Because I was in public, I couldn't just lick it all off, which was a shame. After I left the plane the woman who'd been sitting next to me told me I should put the jacket in a bag with dishwasher liquid overnight and then wash it and the stains would come out. I thanked her politely, but as I was staying in a hotel, it wasn't really a practical option for me.

Imagine my surprise, when I got to my hotel and found a washing machine and a dryer in a cupboard in my room. Fate, I tell you, fate.

This morning, as I was wandering around town looking for an internet cafe, a middle-aged couple walked towards me. Then the woman suddenly turned to the man and sniffed him. As they passed, I could hear her saying, "There's so many other smells in the air today.....". Quite true.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't have computers in Canada.

-sac

9:08 AM

 
Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

I don't know if that lady meant regular dishwashing liquid (like Dawn) or the kind that you put in a dishwasher... but I'd definitely be careful about the kind you put in a dishwasher, because it contains bleach.

Glad it all worked out for ya...
: )

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home